CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Update City!

Okay, so I've been a little...well..you can probably guess. Sick! Yeah, it's that time of year for me to get the horrible cold/flu that I get just about every year. This year was a little worse I have to admit. I got sick on a Friday, and on Wed. I went to the doctor and he told me I had pneumonia. Not fun. There isn't a lot of medicine I can take right now with the bun in the oven, except for some medicated cough syrup to help with the symptoms a little. Luckily, Josh was able to take the whole week off to stay home and take care of Holden. I quarantined myself in my bedroom, petrified of passing something on to Josh. It is now 13 days later and I'm just now feeling just about normal now. I still have a sore throat, but I'll take it! There were so many good friends that jumped to my rescue...once again bringing dinner and offers to take Holden!

I felt really bad because my sister and her husband and kids made a surprise trip here from Washington to spend the week. They stayed in Salt Lake and because I was sick, I didn't get to see them at all. I was so sad with all of the fun activities going on, I was sick in bed! :(( (I hope you know Amy and Marshall that I was sad! Sorry! ) Anyways, because of the illness I haven't really taken any pictures, but I wanted to post something, so I found this pic and just laughed! I'm not quite sure what Holden thinks of these! hehe :)) Holden's Aunt Maribel and Uncle Joey gave him these ears for his birthday! Josh and I figured it was to watch the show Bunny Town! I had no clue what that was until JOSH filled me in! hehe I guess when you watch that show, in the beginning, they tell all of the kids to put on their bunny ears! hehe So, these are Holden's! But in the spirit of fun- can anyone say A Christmas Story!? LOL No, we love 'em but I couldn't help but think of the movie when seeing my child in these bunny ears! Congrats to my friends Niki and Emilie on their new arrivals! I'll get out here soon enough to come and visit! I feel like I've been totally out of touch with the world!

I also had my first doctor's visit this last week. I am due the 30th of Aug! My mom's b-day! how fun is that? So, we'll see how close I come to that date! Holden was pretty much right on time, so maybe this baby will follow suit! They aren't giving me an ultra sound until my next visit- which will be at 19 weeks. So, we should get a pretty good picture of the little one. So, I'll post it when I get it! I don't know why, but I am REALLY tempted to find out what the sex of the baby is this time. Josh wants to be surprised. I think we both loved the surprise when Holden was born. So, I'll probably wait. You know...as they say...there are very few true surprises in life! So, we'll see if I can hold out! Hope everyone is well! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Camille said...

You poor thing. You have been so sick this last little bit. I hope you're not trying to do too much. Take it easy! (easier said than done) But I'm glad you're feeling better now. I hope things will improve as spring and summer get here. They should, right?

In response to your comment-Yes! Please come visit. We would love to have you. It would be so much fun. You'd have a place to stay and we can go to the beach, San Diego, whatever. Whenever you want!

Rachel said...

You mean THOSE aren't Holden's REAL ears? Hmmm...

I hope you are feeling better, babe! We need to PLAY! Call me if you need ANYTHING!

Fiona said...

Hi Carrie! I apologize but I haven't gone to your blog for a while, and I just decided to go there today and link it to my blog like I've been meaning to do...and lo and behold, you are pregnant! Congratulations, girl! Nathan and I are hopefully going to try for #2 soon as well, so you'll have to let us know how it goes. I'm glad you are feeling better, and you are so brave not to find out the sex of your babies. Nathan and I are too OCD not to. :) Love ya girl!

Em said...

Carrie, I'm glad you're feeling better, and I'm so sorry we haven't helped out at all. I'm glad Josh was able to take the week off to help out. No more getting sick! We'll have to hang out soon!