CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 30, 2009

4 Years and Counting!

We had our fourth year anniversary on March 26th! At the last minute, we decided to celebrate early and go somewhere over the weekend. Thanks to our wonderful neighbors the Smiths for adopting our kids for a couple of days! We decided to go only a short distance to Salt Lake to stay at the Anniversary Inn. We had the most amazing room. I ordinarily wouldn't post pics of a hotel room, but I had to post these because we have stayed there a few times, but this was the best room we've ever had. It was soooo cool! It was The Mysteries of Egypt room and it really felt like you were staying inside of a pyramid! The coolest part was the tub. The shower was out of a cobras mouth and the rest filled up from a waterfall on rocks to the side of the tub. Niiiiice! Gotta get me one of those! hehe I recommend you go there- pretty cool!


We only stayed one day in Salt Lake and we decided to go to the 3D showing of a dinosaur movie. I was thinking the whole time how much Holden would have loved it! hehe Later we went go kart racing and had a blast! As much as I like to brag, unfortunately all of the bragging rights go to Josh- the amazing racer- who beat out guys that go every day!! Way to go hun!

We were supposed to go to the roof that night but we were both sick from the race cars, so we got PF Changs and dined in! We actually went a few days later to The Roof with the Smiths and had a very relaxing evening and a wonderful meal. It was nice to extend our anniversary celebration all week long! I highly recommend that too! :))

The next day on the way home we hit Mrs. Backer's Pastry shop and Hatch's Family Chocolates! Both amazing for desserts and sugar rushes!

We also went to the Grand America Hotel to eat and it was also absolutely wonderful and charming!

It was a great time to get away and be with each other! I have to say I am a TOTAL advocate of getting away once in a while with just my hubby! I think every time we do this, we come come home more in love and we have missed our kids dearly and can't wait to be with them again! So, I say thanks to my wonderful hubby for a great anniversary! I love him so much and am so grateful for the wonderful father and husband he is. Although we have our differences, I truly can't imagine someone more perfect for me. I love him with all my heart and am grateful that I will be with him forever!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

What an incredible place, and super nice neighbors! =)