CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Angels in My Life!

So, this week has been anything but fun. I don't know, but I think I might be the most frail person in the world. I feel like I am always sick with something. Colds, ear infections, migraines flu etc... :) Okay, I might be exaggerating JUST a bit, but maybe because it's I HATE being sick. Thank goodness I have angels in my life as I'm sure you all do. No seriously, I don't think I really realize how blessed I am in my life, until I am down and out, and someone shows up to lend a helping hand. Then I have to sit back and thank Heavenly Father for the watchful eyes of others and their caring hearts!

My whole life I have always had migraine headaches here and there, which really haven't been a big deal- when they only happen once in a while. Well, this week, my head decided to have 3 of them...one every day. I spent the fourth day recovering with minor headaches. Well, the first day my friend Rachel called randomly and asked how I was doing. In about 5 minutes she was over at my house collecting my little boy and his things to take him until Josh got home. Man, a huge blessing. Poor Holden was crawling all over mom wondering what on earth was wrong with her. The next day, my friend Liliana brought over some groceries because she was just at the store and thought I might need some of the things that "you run out of so quickly." I just laughed. How thoughtful. Then last night, out of the blue, my visiting TEACHEE no less, called ME up and asked if I had made dinner yet and told me she had made a ton of soup and was sending some over with her husband. When he got to my house, my stairs outside were treacherous with ice and snow. Without asking any questions, he went and got a snow shovel and a regular shovel to clear away the ice and snow. He didn't say, "why don't you get your husband out here to clear this, or why don't you clear the stairs...they're dangerous!" It's not that we're so lazy, but Josh works and right now he's taking night classes so some nights does't get home til after 9pm.

So, these are just a few of the beautiful services that have blessed my life this week. I feel like this theme is a VERY familiar one in my life. It constantly makes me check myself to see what I am doing to find others that are in need as well. It seriously is a testimony to me of the fact that when we are in the service of our fellow men we are in the service of our God. The feelings of gratitude that I feel for these people is overwhelming and the joy I always feel when serving others is such an essential part of my life. I feel like a learn so much from others around me and how one can really serve if you truly seek the opportunities. I also have to put in a plug for the spirit because none of these people knew that I was feeling sick, but randomly called and came to my aid. What cool things are the spirit and the gospel of service! It's definitely a lesson to me to keep my eyes WIDE open, because sometimes not all opportunities are as apparent as others.

So, I think that will be my goal this week- To try to really listen to the spirit and see what I can do to serve others! Have a great day- I know I will!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this post, Carrie and I know you, of all people, are truly full of gratitude and goodness. I am so happy someone brought you dinner and CLEARED those treacherous stairs for you! I hope you are feeling better this week and hope to PLAY tomorrow! Call me, sista! love ya!

Camille said...

You are so awesome, Carrie. I hope you get through this winter without any more illnesses! I love how optimistic you are though and how you are able to always see the beauty in things.

Kim said...

CARRIE! I'm so sorry you've been having headaches. Ugh. I know yours are bad ones, too. I'm so grateful for your friends who are close to help you out when we are so far away. Take care! Love you!

Megan said...

Isn't that so amazing? I had the flu last week and Andrew was just crying because I was ignoring him. My neighbor stopped by to give us some mail that was delivered to her. I'm sure I looked horrible, still in my pj's. About an hour later, she came over with some soup for us. It was amazing how the Lord uses people to bless us!! Thanks for this post. It was inspiring.

Marshall said...

Friends are such a critical element in life, and truly are blessings. Thanks for sharing... sorry it was under yucky circumstances! Hopefully, your heading into Spring with out getting sick any more!

I don't remember if I commented on your last post - but Holden is such a cutie, with those melt-your-heart eyes! Ava is gonna have fun with him when we get there this summer!

Say hi to Josh for us and we are excited for another update!