CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Stuff!

Okay, so everyone else posted their Valentine's Day activities, so I had to follow suit! On Valentine's Day, Josh had a night class, so we decided to go out on Friday night instead. But to celebrate in little ways I made him Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast and gave Josh's car a Heart Attack. For dinner that night I got a great idea from Rachel to make a homemade pizza with heart shaped pepperoni pieces! It was sooo delicious and so easy to make. It will now be a regular item on the Mercer Menu!
While Josh was at class, I made cookies for all of Holden's friends! Yeah! Like the will ever know, so I told the parents that they could eat the cookies! lol So funny thing, at 8:00 I'm running these valentines around and it didn't dawn on me until halfway through my journey, that although I wasn't celebrating Valentine's Day, that others were...lol So, I got some surprised looks from some people. I finally realized that they were wondering why I wasn't home with my husband instead of running around by myself in the cold- and why in the world I was bothering them. Well, I quickly decided to knock, leave the cookies and run. They probably think my love life is non existent. SOOOOO. To put any rumors to rest...

Josh got home from his class and informed me that he had bought stuff anyway and wanted to decorate for me anyways. So, He decorated the room with rose petals EVERYWHERE! He got me a couple gifts...one of which was stealing my phone so he could install a new ring tone. If any of you know, I am a HUGE Wicked fan. He got me the song Popular for my new ring tone. You may laugh, but I actually started to cry! Seriously...I am so easy to please! hehe Oh well, I just thought it was so thoughtful because it was something I had mentioned I thought would be fun months and months ago. So, I think it took me by complete surprise and it overwhelmed me to see what an amazing, thoughtful husband I have! He also got me a load of chocolates- something I don't need, so you're all invited over to eat some!

Well, the next day I did a little shopping for Josh getting him some blueberry truffles, something he loves! We got a baby sitter for Holden and we were off. Josh took me to the nickelcade where we had a blast-even all dressed up! Then he suprised me by taking me to the Chef's Table! We have talked about this since the day we were married and how much we would like to go there. Needless to say, he had saved up and we had probably THE most amazing food I've ever had. I had a steak that melted in my mouth with a chiffon cake for dessert. Josh had steakl and lobster. We both felt like Bob- in What About Bob- when he's at the dinner table eating the chicken and corn. lol There were lots of oohs and aaahs. :) The pianist took our requests playing everything from Rachmaninoff to Wicked! hehe He was amazing and only 17 years old! Seriously! We thought it was worth it to go there jsut for the music- like our own private concert of the classics! We then returned to the nickelcade to win Holden a snake for his birthday, then called it a night! Unfortunatley I'm retarded and had my camera but forgot to take pics!

Josh and I were talking about Valentine's Day and how important it is for us. Especially when our kids get older- it will be important for them to see that mom and dad take this special time to be with each other. I love marriage and am so blessed to have Josh as my husband! I am so in love with him...and hmmm is this getting too mushy? Okay...I'll stop! But 3 cheers for Valentine's Day and the celebrations of the truest loves!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I am BLOWN AWAY! Seriously, what a guy! Isn't it nice to know WHY he took your phone? I am very impressed, oh and your cookies were awesome! Funny thing about that night; you came by and I was ASLEEP while Brian was at the gym! What a romantic Valentines, right? Ok, so we celebrated the night before and the night after, but not so much on THE day! Ha!

Your pizza turned out great, and I'm glad you thought it was as tasty as we do!

Our kids are important, but we have to put our spouse first; you hit the nail right on the head! Valentines is actually a rather VITAL holiday!

I love you Carrie and feel so lucky to have you as a friend! Let's get together this week sometie! I have a feeling it'll be a long one and I need to keep distracted, you know?

Is this a WICKED long comment or what?

Marshall said...

Awwwww... You guys are both so darling! I'm glad you were able to do fun things for each other even though Josh was working (Iknow how you felt - Marshall was gone all day with school and had a night class...) You really are so creative... I'm gonna have to keep these ideas in mind for next year...
And... that pizza looked so yummy... can I have the recipe???

Kim said...

I'm laughing out loud that you ended up at the Chef's table for dinner just after we had talked about it that morning! How funny! Carrie...thanks again for helping me get Andrew's gift for his B-day...cutting in on your own valentine shopping time. I hope you guys had a good celebration..looks like it! Love you!

April said...

How fun is the Chef's Table! What a sweet husby! I would love to see you and holden! We should seriously plan a play date!!! The weather seems to be more cooperative anyway!!! I am sorry you were so sick recently! I hope you are feeling better! Love and miss you tons!!!

Megan said...

Okay, so this is embarrassing, but I totally got emotional reading this entry...So super cute!! I'm sending Justin to this post because I've tried to convince him that Valentine's is important and he doesn't believe me...Thanks for the inspiration.