CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 9, 2007

December...So Far!

Well, considering we got through Thanksgiving and are well into the Christmas season, I thought it about time to give an update of our comings and goings thus far! The first thing on the list was the Festival of Trees.

It was amazing . I love it every time we go. Josh DRAGGED his feet going, and kept telling me this was "my thing" and that he was just there for me. He was trying to be sweet to do something I really wanted to do- but in the end, he was the one taking the camera and snapping pictures of his favorite trees. He ended seeing so many things that he thought were unique and creative. He had a really good time and I'm so glad we made the trip to go. Holden was so cute in the stroller. He reminded me of a MAJOR rubber necker on the highway looking at an accident. We strolled slowly by each tree so he could see, and he couldn't tear his eyes away from one to look at the next. Once we snapped him out of that, he would see the next tree...and the cycle continued! He loved it- I didn't think it would be that entertaining to him. He loved the bright colors and lights- but especially the toys! Josh and I kept joking that one day we could buy a tree from there and we'd be set with books, toys and board games for the rest of our lives! There were so many fun trees and ideas. To show some pics of our favorites, I will start with one that was in the lobby. I was looking at it with Holden cause Josh was still parking the car. I couldn't believe how it caught me so off guard. It wasn't that amazing the way it was decorated, but as soon as I looked closely, my eyes welled up with tears. Surrounding the tree in picture frames were photos of fallen soldiers from the war in Iraq. People surrounding the tree were not talking, just staring at it in silence. There was such a sweet and reverent spirit surrounding the tree. I just found myself giving thanks to not only those soldiers, but to those thousands who are still fighting for liberty. They are making so many sacrifices that we cannot even imagine. We should all remember them and their families this Christmas season.These were Josh's favorites! He loved the upside down tree. I thought it was ugly when I first saw it, then after some persuasion from Josh, it grew on me. :) The second is made of gingerbread. Isn't it crazy? I thought it was pretty amazing as well! Josh loved the dragon and wizard though...neat!
This one was my favorite. A little bit of European, French style, classy! I loved it! Actually, the tree wasn't that great, but everything else with it! :)
This one was "Holden's" favorite. Okay so it was really Josh's! It was this big candy making factory built around a tree. Wow- some people have quite the imagination! This one and the tool tree made of wire!
Okay... I just had to post this for Marshall, my bro-in-law! Maybe this will make him feel better over the loss to BYU! :))
We also saw a Polar Express show and got some fudge. Fun stuff! It was good to kick off our Christmas holiday season!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad we missed the Festival this year...thanks for putting up cute pictures. I can't walk through that place without getting choked up!

Em said...

I'm so glad you posted those pictures! We didn't even make it through half the trees when we went so it's fun to see a sampling of what we missed! That's so cute that Holden was so into the whole thing. What an angel!