CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 14, 2007

My Gratitude for Healthy Holiday Treats!

So, right now I'm STUFFING my face with the most yummy healthy treat. Compliments of Rachel! I'm sure Emily is doing the same thing right now!...I'll tell you how it all began.
Yesterday was fun filled! Rachel called me in the morning and told me to come hang out with her. Yes, she threatened! lol Okay, maybe not quite, she just knows I'm a lonely desperate soul, so she thought she would do a good deed by inviting me over. Well, that's my opinion anyway! We called Emilie and we had a little party over at Rachel's house. We just hung out and chatted while Rachel was making treats for the neighbors.
Rachel was telling us that it was a yummy treat because it's not too sweet and you can eat a lot of it- AND it's even a little bit healthy for ya! The healthy part? There are almonds in it! LOL We were totally laughing and joking that because of the almonds in the mix, we don't have to feel one bit guilty about eating a lot of it! Thank goodness for that! Why doesn't everyone add some almonds to every treat- then I would have my holiday diet! Just think...you make fudge- add almonds...you're good! Think of the possibilities! Okay enough of my stupid ramblings! Healthy or not, We tasted of the fruits and could not get enough, so she made us each our bag of treat mix and wished us a Merry Christmas. Of course neither Emily or I waited to get home to eat it. We opened our bags right there and started to chow down! To make it sweeter, we watched Polar Express while we ate and played with the kids. How fun is that? :) Here are some pics of us hangin' out!
Rachel and "Katie" LOL

Emilie and McKenna

Me and Holden
PS That is a self taken picture of me and Holden...pretty impressive eh?
Later, Emily- like a good mom, took McKenna home for a nap. So, taking advantage of my patient child's sweet disposition, I accepted the offer to go to Walmart with Rachel. After Rachel's post about how horrid this place is and how long the lines were, when we went there, there were no lines and we waited about 5 minutes for her pictures she was picking up. I think she was making up the whole thing! :) LOL
After that, poor Fletcher (Rachel's little boy) hadn't eaten and had been so good, so Rachel treated him and us to some Panda Express! When I asked to pay, she just told me I "owed her lunch"! What a great idea! Now she's TOTALLY obligated to hang out with me again! It was such a nice day and good to get out of the house! Thanks again Emilie and Rachel for a great day!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You are cracking me up! Desperate? What ever! I had such a blast yesterday, from start to finish! I am making up for it today with piles of laundry, but who cares? There is ALWAYS laundry!!! :)

That picture of you and Holden is impressive! You both look beautiful!

THANKS AGAIN for a SUPER FUN day! Can't wait to do it again!!!!

Rachel said...

Oh, and nice one with the "Katie"! AUGH!!!!! heehee

Rachel said...

Oh, and nice one with the "Katie"! AUGH!!!!! heehee

Em said...

Dang it...I want to owe someone lunch! =) Thanks for getting us together in the morning Carrie. It really was a blast! We'll definitely have to hang out again soon...call me every five minutes!

Anne said...

Having good friends nearby is such a treat. Something I'm lacking right now (all of mine moved away).

My cousin and I go out to eat all of the time and we just take turns buying. It's so much easier than figuring out how to split the check! (for us and for our waiters)

Do you remember Dustin Howell from Jr. High/HS? He was in my dream last night. So incredibly random!

I hope you had a great Christmas!