CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Good Times

OLD FRIENDS!!!

This last weekend we were able to meet up with some of my friends from my mission to Spain. We saw the Martins, Cooks and the Gibbs. The dummy that I am, I forgot to take any pictures. Josh and I had been runnin' crazy getting him a new suit and other fun stuff for his interview this week but made it in time to the restaurant to catch our friends. They were just finishing eating when we arrived so we got our food to go. The waitress had to wait 10 minutes to get our food for us so we apologized as we were leaving for taking up the table an extra 10 MINUTES. She just huffed and said, "yeah, and it's my money making table too!" What a brat! I have been a server and you have good nights and bad nights. You have people that eat like there's a fire and then you have people that eat like snails. Sorry, but that's the biz you're in. After that rude comment I was like, "No tip for her!" lol I gave here a small tip but still...how rude!


After dinner we headed to Springville the the Cooks home and played some games. The Martins also made this yummy fruit dip. It was so fun to just talk and laugh with them. The Cooks have a little boy not too much older than Holden and they had so much fun playing together. We had a blast and we need to do that more often!

FAMILY FUN!!

Then Sunday was the blessing of my niece Bethany. What an angel. It was a beautiful blessing and fun to get together with my family afterwards for a pot roast dinner. Josh and I headed home pretty early to finish his packing for his trip. We were up until 2:30 am. We had gone to Mr. Mac against our better judgement to get a cheap suit. Well, when they tailored it in 5 minutes, they shortened the pant legs about an inch too short. They looked like floods on him. I decided to use my hemming talents I learned at good ol' Tuxedo Junction! I unpicked the crappy stitch and measured exactly one inch from where they had sewn (thinking they were professionals and all I needed was another inch added to the length) and sewed my own stitch to lengthen the pant legs. It was after doing this that I noticed they had sewn the pant legs crooked. Fools!! hehe One leg was one inch even shorter than the other. ( I knew it was their fault because I hadn't ironed the crease their stitch had made yet). I was already an hour into it and the stitch I sewed was a little more complicated to unpick. Sweet Josh spent the next half hour unpicking the stitch from the really short leg. I had him try on the pants (the right way) and I measured the legs, sewed them, ironed them and luckily they looked great! I was exhausted and SICK of sewing!

NOT A GOOD START!!

We got up Monday morning with plenty of time to spare- but not knowing that there would be wretched, horrible ice on the car and all on the streets and freeway. We headed out and traveled at about 30 miles an hour on the freeway, fish-tailing on the ice. We knew we were in trouble. We got to the airport with only 45 minutes to spare. Needless to say- the airport on a Monday morning at 9:00 am is a madhouse- and he missed his flight. I have spent the last month planning this trip to a tee! There goes his 3 flights for this day to get to Vermont and his hotel reservation. They couldn't get him to Vermont- only to New York for the night. He would have to travel to Vermont the next morning just in time to arrive for his interview. :( So, I spent a couple hours trying to find a hotel in New York that was under $250 a night that was close to the airport. UGH! Josh just called me and all is well. He made it to his interview and hopefully everything will go as planned this week for his next 6 or 7 flights, taxis, shuttles and hotels! Poor boy- he needs a nap! He'll be gone until Friday night, so I have some playing to do so I don't miss him too much!

GOOD ENDING!

Yesterday I went with my parents and Kim and some of her kids to my Grandma's house for her birthday. We spent the afternoon playing Pollyanna- an old family favorite. It was so much fun and my grandma was glad to have some company. I came home exhausted so Holden and I ordered pizza. We ate and went right to bed! What a good day! :)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You sound really bored. You should seriously try filling your days a little more, k?

Craziness about the flight! Sorry! Hope he makes it back a little more smoothly!

Kim said...

Wow, I am so behind! I had a good morning catching up on your blog. I haven't read since Holden's Birthday update. You post such fun stuff. I love your pictures. Easter sounds like you had a blast, as well as anniversary! Boy am I behind! Anyway, love you!

Marshall said...

I typically feel for the servers in restaurants because I know how it is so work my tail off and not even get a dime. But, when they act like that, all sympathy goes right out the window!

Glad to hear Josh got off okay... Let us know what you guys find out!
We're anxious to hear about it! (I didn't know you guys were considering Vermont!)

And, we too, just got suckered in to the Mr. Mac buy 1 for $250 get the second for $1... Things turned out smoothly... but we're crossing our fingers that Marshall doesn't rip this suit, like all the other's he's owned... Seems like tearing easily is a Mr. Mac thing... Even still, as poor college students, we enjoy the good deals... He's just looking forward to the day we have money to buy a REAL suit!

Christina said...

wait what?? he's interviewing in VERMONT?!?! thats too far...sorry cant do it!!

just kidding-how fun!!! i LOVE big changes--although not my big change, but ya know FUN big changes!! im anxious to hear!!

BUMMER about the flights..jon & i had to fly to canada, i couldnt figure out where PARKING WAS at LAX-what a goof!! geesh! so i made us miss our flights...OH i was SO BUGGED!!! we made it but SOO late..it was for business..not good..

excited to see you in a few weeks!

Em said...

So, our internet has been really flaky for the last week and I had no idea Josh was gone that long...or at all. Oh well, no use wondering what kind of partying might have been.

And as a side note...I will never recommend this post to Brian. We bought him a suit Christmas 2006, that has just hung in our closet until about a month ago because he was so nervous they would mess it up if he got it tailored. Luckily everything turned out all right when he finally brought it in. If it hadn't there's no way I would have been able to fix it! Good work you crazy seamstress!