CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happenings!

Interview Time!


Well, Josh made it home safely on Friday from his adventurous trip back east. He loved it even though it was crazy. He went to Vermont- and was disappointed that he couldn't make it to the Ben and Jerry's factory. Dang! He also went to Michigan, and lo and behold, right now it is his top choice to go to school. He thought it was a great school but also thought that Holden and I would enjoy this place more than any other to live while he is in the library 24/7!

Company!

Friday night, Josh's dad came from Boise to stay at our house for conference- a little tradition that he started! It was so fun having him here for the weekend and it's always sad when he has to leave. These are the boys getting ready to leave for the priesthood session-well, not Holden but you get the point.

The next couple of days wasn't so fun. I got food poisoning and was down in bed while Josh got to take off yet another day of work to stay home to take care of Holden. What a guy! I love 'im!

Library Looney!

This morning I finally felt better and took Josh to work. After dropping Josh off, I took Holden to the library for Lap Time. They had songs and stories and fun little activities for the kids to do. Holden is getting to a better age to enjoy those things. Although there was a HUGE shelf of books behind us so it wasn't long before he just started pulling books off of the shelf, bringing them to me to read to him. For the next half hour, I just let him climb on some carpet steps they had with a bunch of little kids his age. He was in heaven. Who would've thunk it? Stairs...so simple...yet so profound! :)

Good News From Doc!

After the library it was nap time, then it was off to the doctor for our first Ultra Sound of Baby #2. It was hilarious that I had wild dreams of Holden sitting perfectly on the floor reading his books and playing quietly until I was finished. NO WAY! The second I climbed up on the bed and the nurse started the ultra sound, he obviously felt totally left out of all of the action and was scraping to get up to see what was going on. She put him on my legs to see, but of course the first thing he did was try to crawl up on my tummy...not really good when that's the area of focus for the nurse. So, it was down on the floor. After minutes of crying the nurse finally called in another nurse to come in to aid my ailing child. She was so wonderful, and took him out gave him juice and a sucker and took him to meet everyone else in the clinic!

Good surprise from the doctor was that my due date was moved up a week! Yeah! So, the official date is now August 24th! We all know how that last month of pregnancy goes...so although it's only 1 small week- I'll take it! :)

My Duck Loving Son!


After the doctor I picked up Josh to go to an appointment on the BYU campus. While we were waiting for him, I took Holden to feed the ducks. It was his second heaven. He just squealed in delight at all of the moving creatures! I threw some graham crackers to feed the ducks and I thought I'd give Holden a try. I gave him a cracker- and well...let's just say he didn't really get the point of feeding THE DUCKS! lol He just ate everything I gave him. FINALLY, he dropped one for the ducks- how generous!

Yum Yum with Good Company!

After we dropped Josh off at work yet another time- we headed to Brick Oven to meet my Uncle Kay, Aunt Susan, Grandma Loveridge and my handsome cousin Bryan! Bryan is here for a quick trip for a few days from Boston. It's a party when Bryan comes into town! We had a great meal, minus the child throwing oyster crackers and anything else in his reach-on the floor. :) But at least he seemed happy!The crew at good ol' Brick Oven! Both Holden and I are hunching over...don't ask me why. We were both probably stuffed! LOL We love these guys and are so blessed to have such a wonderful family! Definitely my second mom and dad. Or are those my In-laws!? lol I guess it's a tie! But we had a great time. Needless to say, after that Holden and I were pooped so we picked up Josh from work and blasted Wicked all the way home! Popular! What a good day!

6 comments:

Em said...

Carrie, I'm so glad you're feeling better, and I'm sorry you were so miserable the last couple days andfor not calling when you could have used help. =(

Looks like you guys had a fun day!

Kim said...

girl, when you post, you POST! No wonder you have no time to come see me...too busy partyin' in Provo. Take care!

Melanie said...

The grils love feeding the duck too, it so fun to watch them. Holden is so cute! When I was pregnant with Emma, and getting my utlra sounds, Abby had to stand right next to me or sit on top of me ! They are 21 months apart and I love it now cause they are so cute together. After a few trips to the library I decided I wasn't going to go with out the double stroller so the the girls stay in and the books stay on the shelf. Fun times!

Rachel said...

Food poisening? Oh Carrie, I am so, so sorry! That is truly dreadful! You've managed to keep quite busy and I have missed you too, believe me! I was off the radar having my MIL here and now we're headed to WA in the morning for a week. So, You and I amd Em need to party at my house when I get back! K?

Cute pictures and you are killing me not finding out what that little bun in the oven is!

Christina said...

ya he made it--bummer about missing ben & jerry's..how nice of him to think about how your life will be while he's in the library all the time!! i wouldnt have even thought that far ahead!!!

brick oven...the smell of jons GARMENTS from brick oven days have just rushed over me..not good..those really were some good ol' days...

Camille said...

When do you get to find out about the interviews? What a crazy time for you guys! I wish I could be there to help out with Holden. He is such a cutie and played so well with Christian!