CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Feel Like I'm On a Tilt-A-Whirl

WHOA! Thank goodness things have stopped spinning around me-especially when I close my eyes. I had a bit of fun this past weekend- it was like my own private carnival-There was only one problem- I couldn't get off the Tilt-A-Whirl.

On Friday night I was in the middle of making dinner when I suddenly got REALLY dizzy and just flopped my body onto the Luv Sac! Now if I'm flopping my body onto anything- that's a good choice! Well, I thought I was just moving too fast and needed a moment-until it got really bad. Josh always makes fun of me because I always fear the worst, but in this case I KNEW I was right. I knew I had a brain tumor! Something was not right. lol I couldn't even move my head without feeling like I was going to throw up. I tried closing my eyes and I would just feel like I was spinning out of control. It was miserable. I decided to go to bed and after 11 hours of sleep, I felt much better.

I got up, fed Holden, gave him a bath, put him down for a nap-when it hit me again. I literally fell down and could not get up. Being miserable and not able to move I debated back and forth my options: 1. Stay here and be miserable- and hope Holden NEVER wakes up 2. Drag myself to the phone and call for help! Might make me throw up- but at least there might be help and a solution.

So, with much effort I literally crawled to my phone and called my bro in law (a doc). He confirmed my first diagnosis of a brain tumor! Okay.. not really- so it was only an inner ear infection- but it just as well could have been something worse- it sure felt like it. Anyway, I guess it had TOTALLY screwed up my equilibrium. I had flashbacks from the night Josh and I were at the County Fair and Josh and I both got sick on a Tilt-A-Whirl ride and Josh ended up throwing up on a ride. lol...we can laugh about it now ...right hun? lol I may be sleeping on the couch tonight! Anyways...Good news, there was medicine to help with the spinning, bad news, no medicine to kill the virus. I just had to wait it out.

Josh was at work and I could hear Irina (my upstairs neighbor) walking around upstairs and thought I would see if she could help. I called to ask her if she could pick me up some medicine. You wouldn't believe me unless you had seen it yourself- the events that took place next.

She not only picked me up medicine, but some other groceries as well. She came down right when Holden woke up from his nap, changed his diaper, fed him and made me some food as well. She had already called the Relief Society and the presidency was at my house in less than 20 minutes. I can't tell you how stupid I felt lying on the floor unable to move- not to mention- in my pajamas, no make-up etc...VERY UGLY- let me tell ya! :) They made a bag for Holden, got me into bed and told me to have Josh pick him up when he got home.

That night, Josh picked up Holden and they sent him home with dinner. Irina kept coming down to check on me. The next night my visiting teachers brought dinner as well. I have to tell you- sometimes I have felt that I am a strong person and that besides having a baby, I wouldn't need to utilize the Relief Society system for my benefit. I can take care of myself and I am the one that should be helping others. But I can't tell you how full of love my heart was to those women, who dropped absolutely EVERYTHING to come to my rescue and aid. My eyes are tearing up as I write this because I don't know that they will ever know what a blessing they were this past weekend. Before I called for help, I was just praying to Heavenly Father that Holden would just sleep all day because there was no way I could even stand up, let alone take care of him.

What a blessing to be part of such an amazing organization. I honestly don't know what I would have done. I guess I could have called my family, but they all live in SLC. Not that they wouldn't have come if I needed them, but living so far away, I would have felt it too much of a burden and that it would have been a trauma!

I hate feeling like that- useless. But I think it's a friendly reminder that we are all human and sometimes we need to put our trust in others and allow them to help us. Thanks goodness for the Relief Society. I'm feeling a lot better now- a little dizzy still but able to get around. And...as far as any workout is concerned- no...it didn't happen- not a chance! Also, I was NOT about to post any pics of this event- don't even ask! lol :)

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! I feel so silly! I had NO IDEA! What an example Irena is of true sisterly love! What a blessing! I do hope you are feeling better, but PLEASE never hesitate to call on me!

The Mercer Family said...

You're sooo sweet! I am definitely going to blog our yummy manicotti! Can't wait!

Camille said...

You poor thing!!! Christian is just barely getting over his cold, so at first I thought he may have given it to you the other day! But no, since yours is not contagious...I feel so bad for you. It really sounds miserable. What an awesome RS you have. Know that you can always call me also. I'm not too far away!!

Marshall said...

Carrie, so sorry! That's totally hard when you are home all alone! I know just how you feel, especially living in Spokane, away from family (who you don't mind mooching off of!) I, too, always feel so strong, and Marshall thinks I am too stubborn to call for help. I had two infections, back-to-back these last couple weeks and I was virtually worthless - I couldn't even hold Lauren, let alone play with Ava! Marsh knew I wouldn't call anyone, so he called my friends (he was at school)and they came over immediately to help and take the kids... I've learned that lesson to give up my pride and give people that opportunity to serve... RS really is such a blessing! Thanks for sharing you trauma.... Glad you're on the mend!

Anonymous said...

Carrie...I can't believe what you went through! Thank goodness for awesome relief society sisters! Sorry your own sisters weren't there for you. Glad you're feeling better!

Em said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry you've been out of commission. Brain tumors are not fun. =( Please call me if you need or want anything! Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

gardenofeden said...

Carrie,
I'm so sorry you were feeling so horrible. I'm glad Irina was so helpful because YOU have been SO helpful to me for the last couple of months. Seriously, I used to think I was strong, but I've given up on that idea. I am so grateful for all the help you have given me. I totally believe you when you tell me I can call you for anything. You have been a huge strength in my life. You're awesome. Love ya, Sarah

Rachel said...

I kept telling the kids they couldn't have a cookie until after dinner, but temptation got the better of ME and we indulged! Forget dinner! I'm eating a dozen cookies!!!!! So good!!!!