CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

My Semi- Busy Day!



Well, today started early! Now that Holden is an early riser, I really have no choice! We went to the care center today and helped out with the Relief Society. The little kids from our ward came today and sang "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree", "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and "Hinges". It was so cute and the women at the care center loved it. I had to post these pics because they were so cute.





Posted by Picasa
These are just other pics from the care center as well.
Nita the Relief Society Pres. and Holden
Virginia, Mary, Holden, Me, and the reluctant Amy-
she finally gave in and was smiling in the end!
Daniel, Irina, Sarah and Aloah

This is one of my favorites! Afton and Jenna-
Doesn't Jenna have the cutest little smile? She is sooo sweet!
Posted by Picasa

Also, I had to add a pic of the yummy Manicotti Rachel brought us when I was sick.
It was soo good! YUM! YUM!

Now, time for some Holden pics in the bathtub! He is so yummy! We love his guts!

He loves his toys!

I think his lips are blue-
This was the end of the bath and his little lips were quivering!

Yes, this is our "dear" caught in the headlights!

He loves bath time and cries when he has to get out!
Posted by Picasa
Well, after all of this excitement, I decided to take on the task of writing thank you notes to those who helped out while I was sick. I had fun though creating some on the computer. I heard this once, and I loved it so I thought I'd do it. I heard a lady say that she never wanted to return someone's dishes to them empty! So she always put treats in them. So, I baked some cookies and filled everyone's dishes with them. Now aren't they glad they decided to give service? lol Maybe not, but I bet it's a much sweeter deal! :) Heck, who wouldn't love to get their dish back filled with goodies! I thought it was the least I could do for all of the help we received!
Now, one last little thing I promise and my saga will come to an end. I finished reading the book, The Christmas Jars. I don't know why I am so emotional- I think there's just something special about the Christmas season that brings my emotions to the surface. As I finished reading the last few chapters, I just cried and cried. I thought it was the sweetest book ever. I recommend it to start out your holiday season especially Thanksgiving- remembering all of the blessings that we have been given. Also, reflecting on all those who have served us should light a fire in us this season to really find ways, even small ways, to brighten another's day. We never know the great effect we can have by doing simple things this holiday season! Okay, I'm off my soap box, but again, I love this time of year with Thanksgiving and Christmas so close! There is such a great feeling of love and excitement in the air! We get to decide how to make the best of the season- and may this include giving to others to honor those that have given to us, and making a real difference this year! Luvs to all! Night Night and sweet dreams!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great post! And I love ALL the pictures! How wonderful to go to the care center. I am embarrassed to say I had no idea about it. I'm going to blame being in primary! All of the cookies are gone! I seriously just ate 4! So bad! I appreciate your thoughts in the end. I will have to get my hands on Christmas Jars. I could use a great read like that about now. Thank you for your example of kindness and servie. You are truly inspiring to me! :)

Em said...

Those pictures are so adorable! You are so sweet to undertake the task of baking cookies and writing thank-you notes to everyone...and to actually do it! I remember when we first moved in I was going to bake cookies and write thank-you notes to all the sweet people who helped us move our stuff in. After three months we had eaten about 4 batches of cookies by ourselves, and I still hadn't "unpacked" our thank-you notes (not like you can't by some or make some) and I couldn't decide if it was more tacky to give them out 3 1/2 months late, or not at all.

When I grow up I want to be like you. =) You're my cookie baking hero!

And thanks for the book suggestion! I always get a lot of reading done on trips. I'll have to see if I can pick up a copy of The Christmas Jars for this one!

Jason Wright said...

Hey there! I am so glad you enjoyed Christmas Jars. I hope you have a jar on your counter right now :)

Kim said...

Hey...I just wanted to say how much fun your blog is to read. You cover so much of life, love, motherhood, callings, sicknesses...the works. Thanks for posting. I'm a lazy when it comes to that.

Kim said...

Hey, one more thing...Jason Wright? That was very nice of him to comment. I met him at booksellers this year...down to earth. Cool.

Rachel said...

Your cookies are terrific! THANK YOU!